First posted July 11, 2016
My latest discovery is Clarins’ Delectable Self Tanning Mousse – a self tanning cream that meets all my criteria!
Here is my evaluation:
- Very subtle odour: when you put it on it’s got a subtle scent but that will quickly dissipates. There’s no strong scent that follows like most other products I’ve tried so you can apply it in the morning before you go to work without worrying about that.
- Easy application: it’s very easy to apply, goes on smoothly so you don’t have to worry about leaving streaks as with other thicker products.
- Natural tan colour: the cream provides the most natural-looking tan I’ve seen so far (and I’ve tried many different products over the years…). You can get a darker tan by applying it a few days in a row. Having fair skin myself, I only apply it every 2-3 days.
- SPF 15: a nice plus!
- Hydrating: it is enriched with what Clarins calls Mirabelle oil.
- Good for face and body: I’ve only used it for body so far because I have very sensitive skin but if you don’t have problem skin it prevents from having to buy a separate product for face only.
- Cost: since “you get what you pay for“, it’s not cheap, it costs about 45$-50$.
- Where to buy: the least expensive I found was at Jean Coutu for 43$ but you can also find it at The Bay and in Pharmaprix. Online, you’ll find it on Clarins‘ website and on Amazon.
Updated June 12, 2017
Here’s another of my favorite self-tanning products — one that’s really quick and easy to apply — it’s Biotherm’s oil called Autobronzant Tonique Self Tanning Bi-Phase oil.
I use it after my shower in the morning and let it stand 30 minutes before I get dressed to go to work. Don’t worry, it will penetrate your skin very fast so you won’t feel oily or sticky after the application.
It’s perfumed with a nice soft smell that will disappear once you’re finished applying it. It should also suit many skin colors since the bronzing effect is light. So apply it a few days in a row until you reach the sun tan shade you’re looking for. Or you can decide to apply it more generously to get a quicker/stronger shade.
You’ll find this product for $38 CA in many sales points like The Bay, Sephora, Pharmaprix, Jean Coutu, Amazon and more.
EXPRESS SELF TANNING OIL
Biotherm Autobronzant Tonique Self Tanning Bi-Phase